Important Reminders for First-time Travellers to Europe
Europe is one of the destinations that will give you a taste of history, culture, and architecture. It’s big and offers diversity. It may seem like there’s no way for a trip to Europe to fail, there are still factors that can turn it into a blessing or a curse.
So if you’re a tourist who is travelling to Europe for the first-time, here are some of the key tips that you need to remember to make your trip memorable and hassle-free!
4 Tips for First-Time Travellers to Europe
1. Know Your Travel Requirements
There are specific travel documents that you need to prepare when travelling to Europe. Aside from your passport, you need to prepare your visa depending on the country that you’ll be travelling to.
In 2021, ETIAS Visa and Schengen Visa will be in place. The ETIAS Visa is an electronic travel authorization that will be required for travellers who can travel to Europe without a visa at present. The Schengen Visa, on the other hand, will be the requirement for travellers who cannot travel to Europe without a visa at present.
Be Familiar with European Currencies
For a continent as big as Europe, there are also different currencies in certain regions. While the Euro is the most commonly used currency, there are actually 28 currencies that are being used in 50 European countries.
Here are some of the European currencies for your guidance:
- Czech Crowns
- Hungarian Forint
- Polish Złoty
- Icelandic Krona
- Swiss Francs
- Croatian Kuna
- British Pound
2. Take Advantage of Public Transportation
People who travel to different countries usually opt for a taxi cab when going to places. But in Europe, most cities have very dependable public transportation. In fact, you can use it upon your arrival!
Use of public transportation is the more affordable option to travel. But not only that. It will also allow you to enjoy the feel of the surroundings. Take in the beauty of the surroundings and make sure that you won’t miss a popular spot while going around!
3. Dress Comfortably
To fully enjoy your European tour, you have to dress comfortably. It’s best to keep in mind that no matter what your plans for the day are, there will be some walking that you need to do. Choose an outfit that fits the weather. Bring extra clothes to stay comfortable all throughout. Of course, never leave in uncomfortable footwear. It’s best to bring your go-to shoes when travelling. Remember, a sore foot can ruin your travel plans!
4. Be Mindful of Your Travel Essentials
Keep in mind that your travel documents, travel tickets, and accommodations are not all you need. Even little details count when making your travel plans.
So when you’re travelling to Europe, here are some of the travel essentials that you need to prepare:
- Attraction Tickets: Remember, Europe is a popular tourist destination. It wouldn’t be smart to scramble for attraction tickets in the venue. This only increases the chance for you to spend hours waiting in line. Worse, you might even miss an attraction once the venue reaches its full capacity.
- Cash: Of course, you’ll need some money to bring during your tour. However, you don’t really have to bother about carrying too much cash. There are lots of places in Europe that accept credit cards. ATM cards are another option. There’s also a chance that you own a card that won’t burden you with high transaction fees.
- Mobile: The benefits of having a mobile device when you travel is unquestionable. Face it, there’ll be calls that you’d need to make. Using your mobile to access Google Maps would also be convenient while on tour. Make sure that you can access mobile data during your European tour. You can also check European sim cards that you can use. This will allow you to make phone calls and have easy access to data at a more affordable cost.
ALSO READ: SAFE TRAVELS: 5 EUROPEAN COUNTRIES THAT ARE LEAST AFFECTED BY CORONAVIRUS
Ready for your European trip? Keep in mind the above-mentioned reminders to plan for a European getaway that you won’t forget because of the beautiful experiences you’ll have.
Got questions about ETIAS Visa application? Talk to us so we can assist you in completing your travel requirements.